CNC Machinist – Dayton, OH
What we do:
We machine component parts for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and commercial industries. We use state-of-the-art CNC machine tools, CAD design systems and CMM inspection systems controlled by computers, robots, toolmakers, and machinists.
The CNC Machinist specializes in setting up and operating CNC Machines and machining centers. The CNC Machinist applies knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, maintainability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
- Follows sequence of operations on router.
- Determines and follows set-up requirements on set-up sheets.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes, and saws.
- Loads and unloads raw material and finished parts (up to 50 lbs.) frequently.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as feeds and speeds, coolant flow, and depth of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit programs.
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out of tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls or program as required.
- Sets up and operates machines on first piece run to verify accuracy of machine settings and program.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gages, gage blocks, and other inspection equipment.
- Confers with engineers, team leaders, production control, dept manager, and others to resolve machining problems.
- Communicates with co-workers, and team leader to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Combination of between 4 – 10 years of trade school, vocational education and/or work experience
- Must stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor
- Exerts between 10 and 50 pounds on frequent basis
- Quality oriented & conscious
- Always adheres to Company safety policies
- Requires decision making skills
- Exhibits characteristics of good role-model
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Requires advanced training through in-house and/or external training methods
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our benefits include Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, 401(k), Health Insurance, Uniforms, Education Reimbursement Program, Paid Holidays, Vacation, company paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance.
How to Apply:
When applying, please send/bring resume including cover letter containing wage requirements.
In person – 4901 Croftshire Dr, Kettering OH 45440
Fax – 937-434-8190, Attn: Human Resources
E-Mail in word format – email@example.com
Pre-offer drug screen and post-offer physical required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No recruiters or agencies please!