Maintenance Tech – Dayton, OH
What we do:
We machine component parts for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and commercial industries. We use state-of-the-art CNC machine tools, CAD design systems and CMM inspection systems controlled by computers, robots, toolmakers, and machinists.
The Maintenance Tech will report to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment by performing the following job functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize diagnostic skills and troubleshooting ability while also expanding in areas such as basic electrical diagnostics
- Initiates lock-out process and notifies affected associates
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
- Repairs or replaces defective parts
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
- Starts devices to test their performance
- Repairs electrical equipment
- Participates in department 5S objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Classification Requirements:
- Must be mechanically inclined with some experience with machine control panels and a basic understanding of machine diagnostics
- Must stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor
- Exerts between 10 and 50 pounds on occasional basis
- Quality oriented & conscious
- Always adheres to Company safety policies
- Requires decision making skills
- Exhibits characteristics of good role-model
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Requires advanced training through in-house and/or external training methods
- Must be available to work any shift as necessary.
- Required to wear company-furnished uniforms and required personal protective equipment.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our benefits include Health & Dental Insurance, Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, 401(k) with Company-Match, Uniforms, Education Reimbursement Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Time-Off, Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance.
How to Apply:
When applying, please send/bring resume including cover letter containing wage requirements.
In person – 4901 Croftshire Dr, Kettering OH 45440
Fax – 937-434-8190, Attn: Human Resources
E-Mail in word format – email@example.com
Pre-offer drug screen and post-offer physical required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No recruiters or agencies please!