Production Manager – Dayton, OH
What we do:
We machine component parts for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and commercial industries. We use state-of-the-art CNC machine tools, CAD design systems and CMM inspection systems controlled by computers, robots, toolmakers, and machinists.
The Production Manager is responsible for performing management duties with minimal supervision assuring that products meet customer quality, delivery, and cost requirements, while also working to ensure the long term sustainability of the production workforce.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise approximately 45 direct associates including Shift Leaders, Team Leaders, and Operators
- Lead production teams to consistently achieve Safety, Productivity and Quality targets
- Conduct associate development and training including on-the-job, expectations, and basic manufacturing
- Demonstrate leadership skills through effective communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Coordinate with Production Control and implement production schedules
- Maintain production cycle times and throughput as measured by Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Play a key role in continuous improvement (Kaizen) and cost reduction projects
- Collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering to optimize processes
- Maintain budgets and justifications for manpower and expense related items
- Play a key role in launches of new programs
- Communicate well and synergize with Human Resources, Maintenance, Quality, Engineering and Production Control
- Enforce and administer disciplinary action when necessary
- Display complex analytical judgement: plans and performs a wide variety of duties requiring a broad knowledge of company policies
- Supports, understands and follows company quality procedures, policy and philosophy
Job Classification Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in production management or supervision role
- Demonstrated problem solving, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing and team building skills
- Exceptional communication, organization and leadership skills
- Ability to work and make decisions Independently
- Ability to multitask
- Advanced technical education is preferred
- Extensive knowledge or experience in the machining or manufacturing industry
- Requires occasional communications with off-shifts and weekend shifts
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor
- Ability to exert between 10 and 50 pounds on occasional basis
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our benefits include Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, 401(k), Health Insurance, Uniforms, Education Reimbursement Program, Paid Holidays, Vacation, company paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance.
How to Apply:
When applying, please send/bring resume including cover letter containing wage requirements.
In person – 4901 Croftshire Dr, Kettering OH 45440
Fax – 937-434-8190, Attn: Human Resources
E-Mail in word format – email@example.com
Pre-offer drug screen and post-offer physical required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No recruiters or agencies please!