Quality Manager – Huber Heights, OH
What we do:
We machine component parts for the automotive, aerospace, medical, and commercial industries. We use state-of-the-art CNC machine tools, CAD design systems and CMM inspection systems controlled by computers, robots, toolmakers, and machinists.
Plans, directs, and manages the activities of the Machined Painted Products Quality Department in order to meet quality objectives set by the Millat Industries Corp. and the customers of Millat Industries Corp., including but not limited to ensuring the quality of all machined painted products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Train associates in quality related functions.
- Maintain compliance with ISO9001 QMS requirements.
- Create/maintain PPAP documentation (Control Plans, FMEAs, PSWs, etc).
- Measure/document dimensional results (100% Layout/First Article).
- Use industry-accepted Root Cause Analysis tools (5 Why, 8-D, etc.) to respond to corrective/preventive action requests (both internal and external).
- Interpret customer prints and technical specifications.
- Use CMMs and hand gages to inspect parts/gages/fixtures and determine compliance with customer requirements and technical specifications.
- Organize/manage activities for determining initial and continued process capability, including gathering data, performing SPC calculations and analyzing the results.
- Create/manage inspection sampling plans and analyze results.
- Disposition and train others on the dispositioning nonconforming product.
- Manage incoming inspections.
- Manage Final Audits.
- Manage the workload and activities of the Quality Inspectors assigned to the Machined Painted Products Division of Millat Industries Corp.
- Provide quality support to other departments within the company (e.g. Engineering, Production Management, etc).
- Complete and submit Full Materials Declaration (FMD) Forms.
Job Classification Requirements:
- Ability to stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to floor
- Ability to exert between 10 and 50 pounds on occasional basis
- Quality oriented & conscious
- Always adheres to Company safety policies
- Requires decision making skills
- Exhibits characteristics of good role-model
- Reliable with excellent attendance record
- Requires advanced training through in-house and/or external training methods
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in Quality-related field (ASQ certifications a plus).
- Experience with processing precision automotive machined parts for Tier One and Tier Two customers.
- Willingness to pursue additional education in quality-related activities.
- Able to program/operate CMMs (experience with Brown & Sharpe and PCDMIS a plus).
- Able to concept gage designs for new or existing products.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Our benefits include Health & Dental Insurance, Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, 401(k) with Company-Match, Uniforms, Education Reimbursement Program, Paid Holidays, Paid Time-Off, Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability Insurance.
How to Apply:
When applying, please send/bring resume including cover letter containing wage requirements.
In person – 4901 Croftshire Dr, Kettering OH 45440
Fax – 937-434-8190, Attn: Human Resources
E-Mail in word format – email@example.com
Pre-offer drug screen and post-offer physical required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
No recruiters or agencies please!